Cozumel is the perfect location for a relaxing and memorable holiday. It has been called the soul of the Caribbean and is home to the second largest coral reef in the world, making it the dream of a diver.
Stunning blue and clear waters with a visibility of over 200 feet provide the perfect backdrop for over 100 dive and dive sites. Visit Cozumel to taste Mexican culture in one of the most beautiful and serene environments in the world.
Traveling to the beautiful island of Cozumel can be fully enjoyed for much less than you might think. Here are some tips to offer a great holiday in Cozumel:
1. Travel when fares are lower. Prices will be cheaper in low season for everything from rates to accommodation. For Cozumel, the highest prices are between December and March, and in particular the week of Christmas and the week of New Year. Rates during these holiday weeks are sometimes more than double that during the low seasons. You’ll find the lowest rates between April and mid-December, so try to plan your vacation accordingly.
2. Think of an all-inclusive cruise package. Cruise ships stop in Cozumel three times a week and give you the opportunity to combine a cruise vacation with a trip to Cozumel. You can manage all your bookings online, even with the help of a travel agent, who can help guide you to the best money deals.
3. Check if Cozumel centers offer a package. Tour packages are growing in popularity as tourists like the idea of paying a flat rate for their room, food, drinks and some deals will include local events or entertainment or even airfare. Some areas, such as nearby Cancun, keep tourists steady during the low season and offer packages included.
4. Explore on your own, rather than booking tours or excursions. Cozumel is a small island, about 30 kilometers long, 10 kilometers wide and flat, so it is easy to get around, either on foot, by taxi or by renting a car or scooter. You can rent a scooter for about $ 25 all day or get a VW convertible, perfect for exploring the island, for about $ 45.
5. Get off the beaten path to eat and shop. Do some homework before you get there. The internet will provide you with reviews of people who have already been there, as well as forums and other places where you can ask questions and get great food suggestions at the best price.
6. Make the most of free attractions. Cozumel is known worldwide for its excellent dives and beaches. Paradise Beach is about 10 miles from San Miguel and offers free use of beach umbrellas and chairs, snorkeling equipment and kayaks.
7. Check accommodation. Many places in Cozumel have less than $ 100 per night, and with a bit of searching, you can find less accommodation, as rates vary widely between hotels. Most of the prices you will find in Cozumel are quite reasonable compared to US costs.