The Maldives is truly spectacular and the perfect destination for a luxury holiday. There are a large number of centers to choose from, so you may have trouble deciding which one is right for you. Here are some helpful tips to help you choose the perfect place for your perfect Maldives vacation.
- Determine your budget. Maldives resorts can be very expensive, so your budget will help you narrow down the list substantially. Keep in mind that an all-inclusive resort can be cheaper overall.
- Think about what you want to do on your Maldives vacation. Want to leave taps on white sugar sands? Or is the active type interested in scuba diving through coral reefs or taking a word in the ocean? You will find activities at all the resorts, but some have better facilities than others. Some centers, for example, are well known for house reefs, which is great if you plan to do any diving. If you are planning an active holiday in the Maldives, look for a center that offers an all-inclusive package, so you will not have to pay a daily fee for your activities.
- Which package is best suited. Once you have established your budget and planned activities, you can consider the package that suits you best. Prices start only with room, bed and breakfast, full board (all meals included, no drinks) and all inclusive (food and alcohol included and some activities). If you plan to spend some time visiting other islands and eating out, you will only need to select the room or rent and breakfast. If you want to be active and have a few beers by the pool in the evening, a package included will probably turn out to be cheaper.
- Accommodation. Most resorts offer a variety of accommodations, so consider whether you prefer a beach villa just a few feet from the ocean or a waterfront villa located on the ocean itself. For ultimate luxury, water villas can’t be beat. You will be able to look out the window and see marine life swimming, of course, this luxury comes at a price.
- Children. If you’re traveling with kids, choose a resort with a kids ’club to keep them entertained while you relax and enjoy your vacation.
- Male. If you want to spend a day exploring the country’s capital, check out if your resort offers day trips.
- The weather. The best time to visit the Maldives in terms of climate is between December and April. During these months, you should see the amount of hours of sunshine and the least amount of rain. Of course, you shouldn’t be surprised to learn that this is also the most expensive time of year to travel!
- Romance. If you are planning a honeymoon in the Maldives, or just a romantic getaway, look for a resort on one of the smaller islands that are usually quieter and more intimate. Some of the larger islands have more partying.